Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The pitchers and catchers have reported!

This offseason I have been kinda lazy in my posting about The Giants.   But now that we have some baseball related stuff actually happening, I am ready to get back in to the swing of things!

As I'm sure you already know, the pitchers and catchers reported to spring training yesterday and the first actual spring training game is in 10 days!

As for the team itself, nothing much to report.  A quick view of the front page of Sfgiants.com reveals that Buster Posey is glad to get back to work, Tim Lincecum is driven by his stumbles last season, and the Giants are excited to begin their title defense.  Pretty informative stuff!

The biggest surprise is that Pablo Sandoval is one of the few position players in camp already.  There was no word of his weight so I hope that is good news since I would expect there to be plenty of articles about how he failed to get in shape if he didn't.  We also found out that the ball from the last out of the World Series is in Brian Wilson's possession and it is safe inside of an unused candy jar.

That's pretty much it for now.  I am counting down the days until the season starts and by the time I get this posted there will only be 9 more days until the first spring training game!

No comments:

Post a Comment