Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Slump isn't cause for Sabean, Giants to panic | SFGiants.com: News

Slump isn't cause for Sabean, Giants to panic | SFGiants.com: News

I didn't see this until after I posted my "It's starting to get ugly" post so I am adding a new entry.

It would seem that Sabean and Bochy have had a little talk after tonight's debacle. Here are some quotes from the article. I took the liberty of translating the quotes myself:

"I think the juggling act now [for Bochy] will be to have more days with Pablo and Posey in the lineup," Sabean said. "Which means Posey's going to have to start picking up some games behind home plate. Which he will."

Translation: I told Boch that we didn't bring this kid up so he could have 4 days off (5 with their scheduled off day) in two weeks. Now stop running Molina out there every day and let the kid catch.

"It's obvious we don't have the team speed you need to stay out of being susceptible to double plays, because you can't beat out the back end of the double play," Sabean said. "We're probably too right-handed for the right-handed pitching,"

Translation: "We need to play some of our younger, faster, left handed  guys" particularly guys like Nate Schierholtz and even Travis Ishikawa.

"roll of the dice of finding somebody who may or may not make as big a difference as we might need. The downside is, you end up with a free agent-to-be and either no chance to re-sign him or not wanting to re-sign him and then you've lost prospects in the deal."

Translation:"Don't expect a big bat at the deadline"

No comments:

Post a Comment