Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Giants win their 7th in a row! Oh. wait. They BEAT L.A.!

GIANTS 5 - DODGERS 2

Well they should have won 7 in a row.

Although a good whippin put on the Dodgers will make me feel a lot better about things.

Once again, it was the kids leading the charge.

Posey extended his hitting streak to 13 games with an RBI single, he later scored on Nate The Great's 2 run HR, Madbum only gave up one earned run in 5 2/3 IP, and Pablo Sandoval chipped in with 2 hits and an RBI of his own.

About Pablo.

I know it's only 5 games, but he looks a lot sharper since the All-Star break than he has in about 2 months.  He has hit safely in each of those 5 games and is hitting .470 over that span.  he is hitting with pop, 4 doubles, and is driving in runs with 3 RBIs.

This is the hitter that the Giants need.  They need a guy who can bat 5th, drive in some runs, and keep the hitting going after Posey and Huff.  Uribe needs to just keep doing what he is doing and if Nate can sniff .280 while playing amazing defense then we have the team in place that we need from an offensive standpoint.  Then Sabean can go out and do the unsexy thing and pick up a few middle relievers because that is our most glaring weakness at this point.

A roster move to report. 

The Giants recalled Eugenio Velez and sent down Joe Martinez.  I must admit that the move was a little confusing.  But they need infield depth.  Especially with Freddy Sanchez and the .160 hitting (since June 19th) Juan Uribe are the only 2 guys who can play second.  Not everybody is happy with the move.   But maybe they are showcasing him for a possible trade?  As long as he doesn't drop any balls during Madbum's starts I will be O.K. with that.

Lincecum V. Kershaw tonight should be a pitcher's duel!

 

Link of the day;

Since I couldn't find any interesting links today I thought that I would post a pic of the day.  This pic has to be one of the most horrible ballpark giveaway ideas of all time:

 Yes that is a Manny Ramirez action figure.  I have no idea what his special power must be but I think it has something to do with being extra fertile....

Although I kinda want one so I can have my kids Pandoval Bobblehead sit on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment